Thursday, January 18, 2018

He Has Been Preparing the Way from the First Day

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" (Isaiah 46:10)

It's not just about focusing on Him.

It's about more than knowing that He has been from the beginning.

It's ALL about knowing that He is actively in the works, caring about every need in our lives.

This revelation has taken a long time for me to recognize. He has been busy, at work making everything ready for me on the way.

But it has taken me a long, long time to be prepared and receive these blessings from Him.

God does indeed declare the end from the beginning.

And He wants us to know His Son, Him who has been from the beginning, for that standing defines true Christian maturity, fatherhood before Him:

"I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning." (1 Jon 2:13)

He has been at work for us to receive a blessed, hopeful end:



"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jeremiah 29:11)

We are called not just to expect the best, but to become prisoners of hope, in that we cannot get away from the good things that God has planned for us:

"Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee;" (Zechariah 9:12)

I have often believed that I have to know where He is headed, or that I have to have some idea of where the next destination is.



But the Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23:1), and as my shepherd He sees the way ahead of me. It makes no difference for me to know where I am going, if I do not trust that the Good Shepherd is taking care of me the whole way along the way:

"For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls." (1 Peter 2:25)

He is preparing the way, for Jesus is the Way, as well as the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment