Friday, January 5, 2018

Having a Peaceful Heart Makes All the Difference

"And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore." (Isaiah 38:3)

Hezekiah, one of the greatest kings in Judah's history, was facing an imminent death. The prophet Isaiah told the king to prepare for death. Instead of just accepting this sad fate, Hezekiah reminded the LORD how he walked in the truth and had a "perfect heart",

I looked at this passage recently, and that word "perfect" stood out to me.

Throughout the Bible, we read that man needs a new heart, and that no man can claim to be perfect in his thoughts or deeds.



No man is made righteous through what he does but rather what he believes (Habakkuk 2:4)

In the original Hebrew, the word "perfect" is shalom, or peace, a peaceful heart.

God wants us to walk in truth, having a peaceful heart towards Him, and knowing that He has a peaceful heart toward us:

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." (John 14:1)

God asks us that we "let not" our heart be troubled.

It's that simple. If we allow His life to flow through us, He is able to bless us, allow His grace to rest and be released through us into our lives:

"9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10).

Let's rest in the peace of Christ, let's allow His peace to hold us and guide us through the hardest as well as easiest times in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment