Friday, January 19, 2018

God is At Work, So Chill Out!

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." (John 5:17)

This verse is very powerful.

Many people think that they have to pray hard so that God will move in their lives.

He is already moving!

Check out what Jesus, His own Son, declared to the Israelites of His day during Jesus' earthly ministry.

He is working behind the scenes, actively working for us:

"Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." (Psalm 121:4)

It has taken me a while for me to recognize that He is at work, busy making sure everything has been prepared and continues to be ready.

I don't have to hurry or hustle to make things happen.

He promised to take care of us:

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

"11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

"12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8:10-12)

"He will be a God to you."

That means he is on the job, so that means I don't have to force it!

If only the Israelites took God at His word, that He had provided everything for them in the Promised Land:

"On that day I swore to them, to bring them out from the land of Egypt into a land that I had selected for them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands." (Ezekiel 20:6)

God promised, but the Israelites did not believe that He had prepared the way.

Too bad! The giants in the land were all-out terrified of the Israelites!

"9And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you. 10For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed." (Joshua 2:9-10)

God is at work, and He is preparing the way. Chill out! Don't think you have to strive in your efforts to make outcomes come to pass!



He is at work! Chill out!

No comments:

Post a Comment