Thursday, October 3, 2013

We Can Never Be Cut Off From God


In Christ, we cannot be cut off ever from God:

"Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off." (Isaiah 55: 13)

and then

"Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off." (Isaiah 56: 5)

This passages come from the Old Testament, all prophesies of the work that Jesus accomplished on the Cross for all mankind.

The New Testament:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." (John 6: 37)

and

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (Hebrews 10: 29)

and

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13: 5)

"Never" there translates the Greek ""Ou me", which means "by no means", "no way at all", "not in the least of the slightest." In short -- we can never be cut off or forsaken or lost of let aside or cast off ever.

Jesus was not just filling up the air when He cried out "It is Finished" (John 19: 30).

He stated an accomplished fact, and therefore we can rest assured that God will never leave us nor forsake us.

No comments:

Post a Comment