Saturday, October 5, 2013

Satisfied with His Grace, then the Desires of Your Heart

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. " (Psalm 91: 14)

The literal translation per Youngs is more explicit:

"Because in Me he hath delighted, I also deliver him -- I set him on high, Because he hath known My name."

Do you delight in the LORD? Does He satisfy you?

"O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." (Psalms 90: 14)

This mercy we receive because of what Jesus Christ has done for us at the Cross:

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)

This grace we are called to keep on receiving, not just once at salvation, but throughout our lives, throughout our days:

"10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

Peter is crystal clear about God's grace:

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." (2 Peter 3: 18)

Who brings us this grace?Jesus, of course:

"14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1: 14)

and then

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (John 1: 17) 
Delight yourself in the LORD -- Jesus, who is yesterday, today, and forever ({Hebrews 13: 8), and then you can believe that He will grant you the desires of your heart (Psalms 37: 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment