Thursday, October 24, 2013

He Carries You and Your Burdens All the Time

"And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place." (Deuteronomy 1: 31)

God was describing through Moses how much He cared for the Israelites. This love was not on display when they were receiving a reward for their obedience, but rather when they were wandering in the wilderness, suffering outside of the Promised Land for their unbelief.

God has invited everyone of us into His rest through Jesus Christ His Son:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)

He is our rest, because He is our righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 5: 21), because we no longer have to work to earn a righteous standing before God the Father.

Instead, we can boldly enter to throne of grace and seek God's help in time of need (Hebrews 4: 16)

From beginning to end, God is a God who cares and carries us:

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." (Psalm 55: 22)

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah." (Psalm 68: 19)

The name of Jesus -- Yeshua -- is clearly mentioned in this paragraph. Jesus is all about saving us.

"3Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:

4And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you." (Isaiah 46: 3-4)
 
This prophecy speaks to everyone of us who has been born again, who has received the adoption of children through Christ, and thus we are Abraham's seed (Romans 8: 15-17; Galatians 3: 29)
 
Peter then invites us to lay everything on Jesus:
 
"6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5: 6-7)
 
Jesus cares for you and He carries you, too. Lay on Him all your burdens.

No comments:

Post a Comment