Tuesday, September 24, 2013

We Rest and Persevere in Christ

Paul writes to the Hebrews:
"10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4: 10-11)
Consider also Job, who suffered greatly because of his own attempts to establish his righteousness, instead of resting in God's:
"In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12: 10)
Job came to the end of himself when he saw Himself:
"1Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

2I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

3Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee." (Job 42: 1-5)
James writes this testimony for Job:
"Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy." (Job 5: 11)
When we get to heaven, we will be one with Jesus, gathered to Him in fulness. How could we possibly cry about all the things that we failed to do, or that we missed out on?
We are called to grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord, we need never worry about missing out or losing, or even "crying because we could have been 'someday'" but failed to get it.
You will not cry because you "missed out" when you get to heaven, Beloved. God's grace through His Son Jesus Christ is greater than our failures, our times, our everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment