Friday, September 6, 2013

How to Know God: Know that He Knows You

"But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?" (Galatians 4: 9)

Preachers, Bible teachers, and all men and women of faith often ask this question:

"How can I know the Lord more, or better?"

Galatians 4: 9 teaches us how to know The LOrd:

The more that we know how much the Lord God knows us, then we know the Lord more:

"Grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord." (2 Peter 3:18)

Psalm 139 illustrates this truth in greater detail:

"2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off." (Psalm 139: 2)

and

"3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways." (Psalm 139: 3)

How to know God? Know that He knows You, and that He knows you intimately:

"Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." (Matthew 6: 8)

and

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.32Whosoever, therefore, shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father Who is in heaven.33But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father Who is in heaven." (Matthew 10: 30)

God the Father knows you, and He wants you to receive all things from Him through His Son (Romans 8: 31-32)


No comments:

Post a Comment