Thursday, March 22, 2018

We Receive His Grace No Matter How We Feel


I have to return to this revelation over and over.

No matter how I feel, Christ Jesus continues to shed His grace on me.

For years, I used to think that I had to feel a certain way, that I had to be "free of anger" in order for God's word, will, and wonder to work through me.

That is simply not true. I can feel any way, even if I am overwhelmed with hurt and anger, and God does not stop blessing me.

The world is still filled with people who are angry, hurt, bitter, etc.

It's OK to be angry, and even if we struggle to release our upset, God's grace is still showering on us.

I used to spend so much of my time trying to feel better, in the sense that I wanted to get rid of the murderous thoughts, the wrathful feelings, all that fleshy stuff.

The truth is that God's grace flows in our weakness, though, and I don't have to struggle to get rid of bad tendencies. When I focus on Jesus, He changes me:



"As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." (Psalm 17:15)

and also

"17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3:17-18)

and finally

"11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2:11-14)

We receive His favor, which in turn takes from faith to faith (Romans 1:17), and transforms us from dependence on ourselves. No matter how I feel, He still loves me. The more that I understand His love for me, the more that I am transformed!

No comments:

Post a Comment