Thursday, March 8, 2018

God's Love for Your is Priceless: Just Receive It



"Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned." (Songs 8:7)

God's love for us cannot be quenched, cannot be finished:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

This love grants us eternal life. Why? Because God's Son, Jesus, shed His blood, a blood which cleanses forevermore:

"2And he is the propitiation (lit. mercy seat) for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:2)

His love for us cannot be bought. God's love cost Him His own Son, the most precious Person to Him:

"Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;" (Proverbs 8:30)

and also

"And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Mark 1:11)

There is nothing that we can do to earn God's love.

It is priceless. Anything that we can offer to receive something from God is condemned outright:

"8I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.

"9I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.

"10For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

"11I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

"12If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

"13Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?


"14Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High" (Psalm 50: 8-14)

Don't try to earn God's love. It is all grace, for we are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

His love overcomes all the wrath of God's sin, for Jesus became sin that we would be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Stop trying to earn God's love. You can't. Receive it, and keep receiving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment