Wednesday, April 27, 2016

We Can Rest, Because Jesus Has Taken Care of Us

"7Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee." (Psalm 116: 7)

I have learned a great deal about the rest that we receive in Christ Jesus:

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6: 29)

and

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4: 11)

Now, most people struggle with resting in God's grace.

I used to think that I had to rest in order for God to work in my life.

The truth is -- He has "dealt bountifully with" us!

We can rest, because He has already been at work!

Jesus is our rest.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11: 28)

Through Jesus, our Daddy God has blessed us indeed:

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 32)

No comments:

Post a Comment