Sunday, April 24, 2016

Jesus Our Deliverer

"The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

4Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul." (Psalm 116: 3-4)

Let us never forget that death is no longer an enemy which we fear.

Jesus died for us and as us, that we may receive His Life!

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man." (Hebrews 2: 9)

He tasted death that we may drink in His Life!

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

Jesus is the saving business.

He is our Savior, not just from death to life, but in every hardship that we face in our lives.

If He delivers up His Son for us, we should trust Him to deliver all other things to us as needed:

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 32)

God is in the delivery business.

He delivers us from harm and delivers to us every good and perfect gift (James 1: 17) through His beloved Son Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment