Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Yes, You Do Have a Spouse, A Savior!

"The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:" (John 4: 17)

At this time, Jesus was ministering to the Samaritan woman, who had been married five times, and had given up on marriage, choosing to live with the sixth man.

Whatever she had been looking for, she failed to find in every man she met, had married, or had moved in with.

Then Jesus, the Perfect Man, arrived, and he already offered her something to complete her:

"Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

15The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. (JOhn 4: 13-17)

This water speaks of His Holy Spirit, who grants us His Life, Truth, and Power in our lives:

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7: 38)

Today, we do not lament as the Samaritan woman did, that we have no husband, no spouse, for we are now married to Christ, through His Spirit living and dwelling within us:

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14: 18)

and then

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you" (John 16: 13-15)

and also

"Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." (2 Corinthians 11: 1-2)

We are not left alone, struggling to find life and resources for ourselves. We have a Spouse, a Savior today in Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment