Sunday, September 6, 2015

Thank Jesus for Being Your Life Today!

This is the hardest transition I have yet faced in my walk.

Notice that I no longer write "my life", for it was never my life to begin with.

The prophet Micah informed us about walking (identifying) with our God:

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" (Micah 6: 8)

All of these demands are met for us in Christ Jesus, who is our righteousness, has graced us in every way, and granted us His standing before God the Father, and thus we have no boast in anything that we did to get there (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

This rest is more than I can fathom sometimes.

I am not trying to bring Him into every conflict and hardship.

He is already there.

I am not praying for God to be with me.

He is with me already. 

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matthew 1: 23)

Not only is God with us, but He now lives in us:

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" (Colossians 1: 27)

The Devil has worked so hard to convince sons and daughters of the Living God that they must continue to work and strive to bring God into their lives, to fix their hardships, to restore,

The fact is that He is already here with us, in us, and working through us:

"Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1: 29)

and

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

Jesus, thank you for being my life, and living in and through me.

Today, show me more of what you are doing, how you are working in and through me. Like Paul, I do not want to frustrate your grace working in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment