Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Spirit is in us Today

"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." (Romans 8: 5)

When I read passages like this, I used to think that living in the Spirit or minding things of the Spirit depended on something which I did.

I have learned that the Spirit of God lives in us, and previous verses in Romans affirm this revelation:

"5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Romans 5: 5)

The Holy Spirit is given to us, this wonderful Person who now lives in us and directs us.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14: 26)

and then

"26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning." (John 15: 26-27)

Then Jesus said:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." (John 16: 8-11)

Peter preached about the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost:

"32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.." (Acts 2: 32-33)

The Holy Spirit grants Jesus to live in us, even as He sits on our behalf at the right hand of God the Father.

The Holy Spirit lives in you today, and thus you do not have to strive to mind the things of the Spirit.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment