Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sin Condemned in the Flesh - Forever

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:" (Romans 8: 3)

Jesus never had sinful flesh. He was born innocent, uncorrupted with the stain of sin found in human blood.     

Jesus died for our sins, which He absorbed in His body:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2: 24)

In His death, and thus our death, we find life:

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:" (Romans 6: 8)

and

"For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:" (2 Corinthians 5: 4)

and

"It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:" (2 Timothy 2: 11)
 
Our sin in the flesh is still there:
 
"I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." (Romans 7: 21-25)
 
Yet there is no condemnation for us, because we are dead to the law:
 
"4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God." (Romans 7: 4)
 
and
 
We are dead to this world, and we are alive in Christ today:

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)
 
Rest in Christ, and know that the sin in the flesh has been condemned forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment