Friday, July 18, 2014

Righteousness is the Key

Many times in our lives, there is great frustration and hurt in our lives.

The periods of pain and suffering, much of the time, flowed from a lack of understanding about the righteousness of God.

Fear was a big problem in my life:

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41: 10)

The key element for overcoming fear, or anything else, is righteousness.

That one word escaped my attention time and again.

Yet Jesus made His righteousness the preeminent element for all other gifts:

"33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

"34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6: 33-34)
 
The Cross is God's forever signal to us, the testimony that He is our God and sees us through all our hurts and upsets:
 
"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
"I am a God to You." Wow!
 
"All shall know me" - instead of us trying to know Him, He will cause us to know Him. Wow!
 
Why?
 
"Because I will be merciful (i.e. will pay for) their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquities I will remember no more."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment