Monday, July 28, 2014

He Paid for All Sins, Not Just Yours


Now, part of recognizing the blessed wonder of His grace is that He covers not just my sins but the sins of the entire world:

"1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2: 1-2)
We may get angry at certain people, and sometimes the anger rises up from time to time.

If they had taught me the Truth who sets free, if they really believed in the Truth of the Gospel, then all of those terrible things would not have happened to me. . .

The fact is, that none of us come to God in our own efforts to begin with:

"I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name." (Isaiah 65:1)

and

"And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father." (John 6: 65)

and

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." (John 15: 16)

Now, in case you may think that this grace is only for some, and that God has figured out who would believe, and who would not (a faulty understanding of predestination), consider this verse:

"11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2: 11-14)

Grace is for all of us, and whether other people receive it or not, we have no reason to begrudge anyone their sins, since they have been paid for already.

No comments:

Post a Comment