Sunday, July 6, 2014

Jesus: Not Giving, But Taking

The Bible provides the better way from the man-centered religions of this life:


"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

He provides us all things.

How about this?

"31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

and

"12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

and

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4: 13)

and then

"19But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Once again, "my conception" of God cannot compare or begin to approach the goodness we receive through Christ Jesus.

Not even close.

I need someone who is providing all things for me.

He is the Blesser, for He must take the better place in our lives.

God is not taking  but giving us all things:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3: 16)

When we prize how much God loves us in giving us His Son, then we can freely receive all other things with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment