Wednesday, July 30, 2014

He Chose Us - Let Him Choose You

"We love him, because he first loved us." (1 John 4: 19)

Never should we believe that we found the Lord God.

He found us, and He loved us first, even when we were not paying attention, or even cared:

"I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name." (Isaiah 65: 1)

Paul references this scripture to affirm the blessed calling of God the Father for us:

"20But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me." (Romans 10: 20)

Furthermore:

"And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father." (John 6: 65)

We did not even have the faith to come to God in ourselves. That faith is also the gift of God:

"8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: " (Ephesians 2: 8)

Then what is "our part"? To believe on Him:

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6: 29)

Consider the three parables of grace in Luke 15:

"5And when he [the shepherd] hath found it [the lost sheep], he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing." (Luke 15: 5)

and then

"And when she hath found it [the lost coin], she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost." (Luke 15: 9)

and finally:

"And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him." (Luke 15: 20)

The shepherd found the sheep, the woman found the lost coin, and the father who had been waiting for the son came to him as soon as he consented to come back home.

God found us, He chose us, so let Him choose you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment