Saturday, March 1, 2014

Want to Know God's Will? Know Christ and Him Crucified

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 
]
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The New Covenant, including everything that God is, has, and does for us, is best on verse twelve, in which God pledges never to remember our sins.

Why? Because Jesus Christ paid for all of them at the Cross.

All of them:

"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." (Colossians 2: 13-15)

All of our sins are forgiven, and the very law which God instituted with the Israelites is fulfilled in Christ so that we can never fall into condemnation ever again (Romans 8: 1)

Now, many Christians fear that when they receive some sentiment or premonition to do something, they are not sure whether God is impressing on them to do something or not.

Yet the New Covenant covers for this concern:

"I will put my laws into their mind and write them on their hearts"

Paul writes more clearly for the Philippians (and for all of us):

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2: 12-13)

Because we rest in the full and forever forgiveness of our sins, Jesus Christ can live and move in us by the power of His Holy Spirit. His peace rules on everything in our lives (Colossians 3: 15), and because we walk in the Spirit, we never  have to worry about giving into the lusts of the flesh.

If you want to know God's will, grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord (2 Peter 3: 18), Christ and Him Crucified.

No comments:

Post a Comment