Tuesday, March 4, 2014

He Hears us By Grace

"I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah." (Psalm 3: 4) 

Do you know why God hears us today?

Not because we are good, and not because we have confessed our sins.

He hears us because we are in Christ:

"1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2: 1-2)

He hears us because we are in His Son, and as He works in us, we in turn are moved to speak as He desires us to:

"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:" (1 John 5: 14)

Just to clarify what is God's will:

"Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God." (Hebrews 10:7)

The context speaks of Jesus' final sacrifice for us, that the grace of God would be shed on us all:

"11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2: 11-14)

We can also see that God hears us because of grace in the very verse in Psalm 3, for God's holy hill is Mount Zion:


"Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion." (Psalm 2: 6)

and

"Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; (Joel 2: 1)

Zion speaks of grace, and we can trust that because of Jesus, we can boldly come to the throne of grace in time of need (Hebrews 4: 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment