Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Justified by Faith in Jesus, Living by Jesus' Faith

"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." (Galatians 3: 11)   

What faith is Paul writing about?

Faith in ourselves, faith in the works of others, or faith in our faith?

None of the above, but rather the faith of Him who has been from the beginning (1 John 2: 14):

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

First, we believe that we have died with Him:

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:" (Romans 6: 8)

and then

"4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God." (Romans 7: 4)

then

"And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again." (2 Corinthians 5: 15)

Do not forget this one:

"For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." (Colossians 3:3)

Yet with our death with Christ, always comes His life.

The faith that lives in us, the grace which defines us (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

This faith is of the Son of God, and He lives in us. We are justified by His faith, and by faith Jesus lives and works in us. You were saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2: 8-9), so do not try to live by your efforts, but rather let His life, His faith live in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment