Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Jesus Brings Us to God, to Himself

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" (1 Peter 3:18)

A great deal of evangelism still emphasizes what man must do, when the New Covenant is built on God's "I will."

"0For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Herbews 8: 10-12)
 
It's not about us, but about Jesus, and all that He is, because as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4: 17)
 
God's will is to bless us in all things, that we might have life, and that more abundantly (John 10: 10), and as we know Him, we receive all things which pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1: 2-3)
 
Still, many preachers give the impression that we need to come to God.
 
That is simply not true.
 
Jesus comes to us, and He bring us to His Father:
 
"2Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest." (Jeremiah 31: 2)
 
and
 
"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Genesis 12: 3)
 
He blesses us first, and then we receive these blessings and bless others in turn. Let us never think that we have to hunt for God, or try to find Him:
 
"I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name." (Isaiah 65: 1)
 
When Jesus ministered to the Israelites during His earthly ministry, He offered Himself:
 
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11: 28)
 
and
 
"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14: 18)
 
We have Christ, because He has us, and we can be sure that He will never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13: 5)
 
Do not stress in trying to seek Him. He has sought you, and has brought you to His Father:
 
"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:" (Ephesians 1: 4)
 
and
 
"21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:" (Colossians 1: 22-23)
 
Come boldly to your Daddy (Romans 8: 15), for Jesus has brought you to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment