Friday, November 1, 2013

You, Beloved, Can Sleep Because He is Working

"It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep." (Psalm 127: 2)

"So" in Hebrew is "Ken", which also means "Yes" or "Thus".

In other words, Indeed, The Lord God gives His Beloved sleep.

"But, I do not think that I am God's Beloved."

When Jesus Christ died on the Cross for all of your sins (Colossians 2:13-15), he put you in Christ, and through His grace, you are now "accepted in the Beloved" (Ephesians 1: 6).

"But what if someone finds out about what I did. . ."?

Because He paid the price for all of your sins, you never have to worry about your past:

"4Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more." (Isaiah 54: 4)

An then

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 54: 17)

"What about right now? My health is in trouble, my marriage is in trouble, and finances are not flowing?"

Jesus is our consummate peace, our wholeness, our full provision:

Jesus is our Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9: 6)

He keeps us in perfect peace, so we can we rest in Him:

"3Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." (Isaiah 26: 3)

The New Covenant confirms that Jesus does these things for us:

"14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" (Ephesians 2: 14)

and

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2: 16)

You have rest easy, Bevloed, because the Lord of your past, your present, and your future, is for you, and He is giving you this rest, as well:

"28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)

1 comment:

  1. I must share this:

    I meditated on this verse, and I received knowledge and wisdom regarding some issues I was facing in my life.

    Jesus ministers to us while we are sleeping.

    No matter how strong or fearful the storm, you can rest easy, because you are in Christ, and He sleeps through every storm and brings us home.

    ReplyDelete