Friday, November 22, 2013

Our Encouragement is the New Covenant

"And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God." (1 Samuel 30: 6)

When I read this wonderful passage of Scripture, I oftened wondered:

"How do we encourage ourselves in the Lord?"

Too often, our understanding of God is too small. Yes, we believe that Jesus died for our sins, but what more did He do for us when He died for us?

He cut a new covenant with God the Father, and He is our representative before Him on our behalf:

"And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance." (Hebrews 9: 15)

What is this new Covenant? Check it out in Hebrews 8:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

You can be encouraged that God is on your side, because Jesus your High Priest ministers on your behalf before Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment