Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No Fear in Waiting, Because He Is Working

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." (John 5: 17)

For a long time,  I believed that Jesus died for my sins, but I was on my own for everything else.

I never believed that Jesus was working for me, that He was actively ongoing in my life.

Yet Jesus said that He was as work, even during His earthly ministry.

Today, He is still at work, and He is working on our behalf.

When we do not see things materialize in our lives right away, we must not let the circumstances determine anything. We must rest and believe that He is taking care of all things for us:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

and also

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" (2 Corinthians 9: 8)

This verse is better rendered thus:

"God is making all grace abound to you." It's not a possibilty, but a certainty!

Now, when things do not look so good before you, never feel that you are waiting on nothing, but rather remember that you are waiting on Him who is working:

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." (Psalm 27: 14)

"But", you may ask: "How do I know that He will come through for me. How do I know that He is working on my behalf?"

Because He Finished the work for us at the Cross:

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." (John 19: 30)

And thus our work is to believe on Him (JOhn 6: 29)

And we can be certain that a New Covenant in operating in our lives because:

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 12)

There is no fear in waiting, because Jesus is working, and you can trust that He is working because He Finished the Work of cleansing us from our sins and bringing us into a New Covenant with His Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment