Sunday, November 4, 2012

Under Attack? His Grace Protects You!

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. " (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

"Persecution" does not refer just to what people say to you. Satan is the accuser of the brethren:

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."" (Revelation 12: 10)

Yet this enemy has been judged already:

"And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

"Of sin, because they believe not on me;

"Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." (John 16: 8-11)

He is a defeated foe, and we do not even  have to wrestle with him:


"For we wrestle [ li. the wrestling is] not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians 6: 12)

The bad thoughts -- fearful, angry, lustful, stressful -- are extinguished by His grace which flows in us:

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." (Ephesians 6: 16)

Whose faith is fighting this battle? Not ours!

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

Our part is to believe on Him! (John 6: 29)

If you are under attack, just rest in His grace, for you are seated in Christ, at the right hand of the Father (Ephesians 2: 6) -- and God made a monumentous promise to His Son, and thus to us:

"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

"From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

"For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." (Hebrews 10: 12-14)

Rest in Him, and watch all of your extinguished enemies fall at your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment