Friday, August 17, 2012

When it's Rainy, His Rainbow of Grace Will Shine

When it rains, we can believe also that the rainbow will appear, which the Light of Jesus shining through, displaying the promise that God is no longer angry with us.
The rainbow speaks of God’s grace, not condemnation:

"And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

"And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. " (Genesis 8: 20-21)

Later, God promised:

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

"And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

"And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

"And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

"And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth." (Genesis 9: 13-17)

In the endtime revelation recorded by John, the apostle identified the rainbow around the throne of grace:

"And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald." (Revelation 4: 3)

The flood is a type of baptism, in which we die with Christ, then rise again in resurrection life (1 Peter 3:21). The rainbow speaks "no condemnation", a covering which reminds God never again to rain down condemnation on the earth.
When times are tough, when there are nothing but clouds above us, let us remember that He is still shining, that His favor is shining on us. Even meteorologists will confirm that there must be a sun, or else there would be no clouds in the first place!
Just the same, lest us rest assured and rest in the favor of God’s love for us, because:

“As He is , so are we in this world” (1 John 4: 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment