Tuesday, March 10, 2020

He Provides Everything as Gift

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)



It has taken me a long time to rest in this powerful, wonderful truth.

The gift of righteousness is a gift, yes indeed (Romans 5:17).

Because it is a gift, I receive it based on nothing that I have done, nor does it remain with me based on something else that I do, or will do.

It has nothing, literally nothing to do with me. The gift of righteousness has everything, EVERYTHING to do with what Jesus did at the Cross. He declared "It Is Finished!" did he not?

Now, I have finally understood how complete, final, unadultered is this gift of righteousness. It does not matter what I do after receiving it. I may sin, fall, fail, but the gift of righteousness does not go away. The more that I believe and receive His righteousness, for indeed Christ Jesus is my righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30), and I have been made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)

When we rest in this wonderful revelation, His life permeates in us and through us!

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

"Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner." (Proverbs 11: 30-31)

and

"And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10)

It's His life in us which sets us free from sin and death!

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:2)

YES! When we receive and keep receiving His abundance of grace and His gift of righteousness, we reign in life, HIS LIFE, and sin and death have no dominion over us (cf. Romans 5:17)



So, from righteousness as a gift comes everything else!

I receive every gift, every blessing from my God my loving Father in the same fashion!

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." (James 1:17)

I do not have to strive for my Daddy God to grant me life, healing, blessings, honor, and all the rest. This life is His Life, for He lives in me! Today, I am no longer in my flesh, but I rest in Christ Himself, seated at the right hand of the Father (Ephesians 2:4-5; Colossians 3:1-4)

And of course, my banner verse:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

This life that He has given me, it's a life of receiving from Him! I don't have to wake up every day convinced that everything in this life depends on me. I am resting in His Life, and He is flowing through me.

This is just wonderful. I hope that this revelation I am sharing with you blesses you today, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment