Friday, April 12, 2019

The Supernatural Peace Which the World Cannot Give -- Or Take Away

"6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

This verse has incredible power and meaning already.

That power, that wonder, that grace has taken on a new level for me today.

I cried to God out of incredible anguish. My mind just could not rest.

I just cried to God. The pain in my mind was so great:

"Just a throne will reach God's throne" many preachers have shared.

Here's the verse which brings up this revelation:

"26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God." (Romans 8:26-27)

When I wept sore like that yesterday, all of a sudden this great peace took hold of my mind. Even if I wanted to worry, I simply could not.

Even if I wanted to panic, it was impossible.

His peace had captured me. Just as I had learned last week that even if I have lustful feelings or desires in my flesh, so too any sense of fear or panic does not prevent God from caring about me, and caring for my condition.

He has been loving me since the beginning.

He has been caring for me since the beginning. I began to have further revelations of all that could and may indeed happen to me in the weeks to come! I was predicting things that would happen, and that they would not happen.

I look back on yesterday, and the many other times that I have panicked. I realized that I had been spending so much time trying to work up a sense of peace by imagining outcomes that I would like to see.

Yet that kind of imagination does not bring peace. That's a peace that the world can take away.

Jesus has given us something so much better:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)



This peace is with me, even when I sense a little fear.

We do not have to feel condemned when we get troubled in our hearts, or when we start getting careful about matters.

He still cares for us. He still cares for me!

That's what makes all the difference.

His peace the world cannot give or take away -- and "the world" includes my own flesh!

Last of all, I know that He is watching out for me, and that no matter what happens, He loves me. He cares for me, and He will carry my through all difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment