Sunday, November 1, 2015

Jesus is the Way. Let's Trust Him!

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22: 6)

and

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (JOhn 8:32)

The truth that we need to know is the truth of God's grace, for grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (John 1: 17)

The truth shall set you free.

It is very hard for me to accept that I had imbided so many lies, had not been nourished in the Word of God.

One of the biggest lies I was taught -- I was taught to live in constant doubt.

Doubt about whether God was for more or against me.

Doubt about whether he was going to be there for me or not.

Doubt about where I was going or not going, and whether it was a good idea to go or not.

This doubt was constantly forced into my mind through the fearful badgering of my mother:
"Are you sure that that is God's will? What if it's not God's will? You could be doing something wrong. God won't be there for you."

This doubt caused so much pain and unease in my life. Faith is essential.  We have to believe that God is, and a rewarder of those who seek Him.

All of this gets undone as long as we wake up every day believing that we have to think or feel a certain way so that He stays with us, that our feelings or our thoughts will somehow cut us off from God.

We do not need help. We need life.

We need to know that He is going to be there for us, even if we are going a way that is not beneficial to us - at first. He is slow to anger, rich in kindness is He not? Even the Psalms declare this wonderful revelation about God our Father, and we see Him in Jesus, our Lord and Savior:

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139: 7-10)

We cannot be separated from Him. This lie that He may or may not be there for us is all wrong, too.

Furthermore, the notion that He could go or run away from us: all of that is false:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13: 5)

We need to trust that He is already there -- wherever we are going.


He is not coming and going anymore, the way that He did under the Old Covenant, when the blood of Jesus had not yet been shed, forever cleansing away our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment