Thursday, July 2, 2015

Jesus, Your Surety Until the End

"And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver." (Isaiah 46: 4)

The surest retirement package for man is not our pensions, or savings, our efforts or forethought.

Even into our old age, we are cared for because of God our Father:

"6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5: 6-7)

In the above passage, we have the full assurance that He will care for us from beginning to end.

"I have made"

He made us, and He has made the way for us:

"[We have been brought] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect," (Hebrews 12: 23)

and

"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." (Psalm 23: 3)

and also

"3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture." (Psalms 100: 3)

"I will bear"

Let us not think for one second that we have to bear God. He bears us, and will continue to carry us!

He was carrying the Israelites in the wilderness, even when they had not believed Him to prepare the perfect Promised Land for them:

"And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place." (Deuteronomy 1: 31)

and

"They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." (Psalm 91: 12)

He even declared before affirming His protection for the Israelites from beginning to end:

"Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:" (Isaiah 46: 3)

Today, we have Jesus, the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13: 8), and we have this promise:

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." (Romans 8: 37)

Jesus, He who has been from the beginning (1 John 2: 12-14), who declares the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46: 10), is our surety until the end:

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28: 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment