Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rest in His Righteousness to Release His Grace

I loved reading this verse:

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Psalm 110: 1)

David had a vision of this divine honor for the Son of God early in the Psalms, as well:

"I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope." (Psalm 16: 8-9)

Peter quoted this verse on the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit was released onto the world. We are no longer pressed in our own efforts to be obedient, but now through His grace do we live:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. " (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

This grace we receive as we rest in His righteousness:

"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5: 21)


The grace of God reigns through righteousness, but not our own:

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" (Philippians 3: 8-9)

This righteousness is a gift, and one that He gives us to keep on receiving from Him (Romans 5: 17)

Receive the gifts of righteousness and grace, and watch Him reign in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment