Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Leave Your Father, Receive God the Father, and Become a Father of Many

Some people are afraid to leave Mom and Dad. They think that they cannot make it out in the world on their own.

Yet the Bible is full of examples where we are called to enter in the easier of life of faith in God the Father:

"Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee" (Genesis 12: 1)

The LORD, the God of Covenant and caring, called Abram to leave country, kith, and kin to receive the Promise.

Jesus Christ had the most intimate relationship with God the Father, which He gave up for us, so that we could have the same standing in Christ with our Father:
"And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt."Mark 14: 36

then

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Mark 15: 34)

Then Jesus brought the Good News of our new membership in His Family:

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." (John 20: 17)

We have received a Spirit of adoption, one which convicts us of perfect, righteous standing before God (John 16: 11):

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." (Romans 8: 15)

Through the Spirit of God, we receive grace:

"Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. " (Galatians 6: 18)

This grace then transforms us from exalted in our own eyes to dependent and fruitful through His Spirit, just like Father Abraham.
"Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee." (Genesis 17: 5)

Leave your father, receive the Father, and become  a father of many by sharing the Good News about your Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment