Monday, April 15, 2013

Think on Things Lovely -- Himself

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

To the degree that we are taking thought, to that extent that we are still learning the powerful extent of God's grace and righteousness in our lives.

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The peace of God guards the hearts of men, like a sentinel. We are called to renew our mind the truth of who we are in Christ Jesus (Romans 12: 2), that we may be transformed from glory to glory by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3: 18).

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Who represents all of these wonders? Our altogether lovely Jesus, in whom we are to grow in grace and knowledge (2 Peter 3: 18)

"Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.(Philippians 4: 6-9)

Now, how did Paul live?:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)


Christ is our life, and He is the one living in us. He is our Life, He is our Love, and in Him we find all lovely things and all things lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment