Monday, April 29, 2013

Identify with Christ Your Life

I believe that many youth and young adults are lost and frustrated.

We are called to depend on God, yet at the same time the world sends the message that we are on our own, that we are expected to take care of things for ourselves.

No message could be more mixed, more frustrating, more untrue.

The first mention of "father" indicates the telling steps that we are called to take in our lives:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

"And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." (Genesis 2: 24-25)

I have often found this passage intriguing. I mean, Adam and Eve were the first humans, and therefore they did not have any earthly parents.

Therefore, this passage sets out the standard, the life that men and women are called to leave.

We are called to leave our earthly parents, and be formed into one flesh with Eve, the Hebrew word of "Life".

So, if we are still depending on our parents to lead us, to guide us, to protect us, then we are missing out on life.

Now in Christ, we have Life, and that more abundantly (John 10: 10). He has called us to be one with Him:

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17: 21-23)

Abide in Christ your Life, your vine (John 15: 4-5), and He will thrive and live in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment