Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rejoice Because You See Him

"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

"Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

"The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments." (Habakkuk 3: 17-19)

Are you face a crushing defeat, losses incalculable?

Notice how the prophet Habakkuk, the same who declared "the just shall live by his faith" (Habakkuk 2:4) chose to see the Lord and trust in what He will do.

For what is faith, but to see with the eyes of our understanding (Ephesians 1: 17) what is unseen to the human eye (Hebrews 11: 1)?

I used to quote this verse at length, not exactly what to hope for. I was not seeing the work that He had already done. That is not faith. Paul tell us what we need to be looking at:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

'For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." (Colossians 3: 1-3)

We have to know who we are in Christ, fully justified (2 Corinthians 5: 21), seated at the right hand of the Father (Ephesians 2: 6)

The more that we know and believe that Christ lives in us (Colossians 1: 27), the more then we can rely on His strength in us:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4: 13)

Then we can realize that, unlike the prophet who foresaw the glory, we can partake of it now:

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8: 37-39)

When we know how much God loves us, then our faith works (Galatians 5: 6), and indeed we receive His glory, walking on every high place.

No comments:

Post a Comment