Thursday, February 21, 2013

Established -- not Establishing -- in Righteousness

"In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. " (Isaiah 54: 14)

When you confess that you are "the righteousness of God in Christ" (2 Corinthians 5: 21), do you still entertain doubts, fears, or upset in your life?

"I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

"I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted: " (Psalm 116: 9-10)

Belief is what we are called to (John 6: 29)

We are called to believe on Him whom God the Father has sent.

We receive everything through Christ Jesus (Romans 8: 31-32).

He is our life (Colossians 3: 4). He is the Kingdom in which we live (Colossians 1: 13)

When you confess your righteous standing in Christ, do you think that He has done everything for you, or do you still believe that you still have to do something more?

Since it is His life which flows through us, then we are not the ones who are trying in our own effort:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

We do not establish our own righteousness:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" (Philippians 3: 9)

Stop trying to establish your righteousness, even in your confession. By faith rest in the truth that you have been made the righteousness of God in Christ, and watch His life flow through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment