Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Prosper by Walking in Grace and Truth

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2)

I have written before on this wonderful verse, one which imputes the believer, the individual Beloved which we are all to God the Father, as in Christ we are all accepted (Ephesians 1: 6)

How do we prosper in our souls? By walking in the Truth:

"For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 3-4)

John testified of the Truth that was in his beloved Gauis, and this same Truth is in us:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6)

It is Christ in us that is the hope -- the certainty -- of glory. (Colossians 1: 27)

In another epistle, John charges to us:

"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." (1 John 2: 6)

How did Jesus walk?:

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1: 14)

then

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (John 1: 17)
Jesus walked in truth and grace!

So, in order for us to prosper and be in health, let us therefore walk in the grace of God:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

and

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" (2 Corinthians 9: 8)

His grace supplies us all things, and this grace is in Christ, who is in us. Let this grace flow in you, and you will prosper and be in health.

No comments:

Post a Comment