Friday, February 28, 2014

In the End, Love

"20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
 
"21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." (Revelation 22: 20-21)
 
Let Jesus come into every area of your life.
 
Start by coming to Him:
 
"Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards." (Songs 4: 8)
 
and
 
"1Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
 
2Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness." (Isaiah 55: 1-2)
 
During His earthly ministry, Jesus said:
 
"28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)
 
We are invited to come to Him:
 
"And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father." (John 6: 65)
 
This invitation speaks to God's grace, and His grace alone, as the qualification to come to Him. We bring nothing of ourselves, for God has cut a New Covenant (Hebrews 8: 10-12) through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ.
 
He then said:
 
"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink." (John 7: 37)
 
In the end, God, who is Love (1 John 4: 16) will invite us to come to Him:
 
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22: 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment