Sunday, February 2, 2014

He First Loved Us, At the First

"19We love him, because he first loved us."

"First" causes us to think of the Cross, since Jesus died for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8)

"First" speaks of the beginning, as well:

"Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." (Isaiah 48: 12)

God is love (1 John 4: 16), and He is Love from the Beginning, from the First, and He loves Jesus from the first:

"24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." (John 17: 24)

Jesus is also "the first" in everything:

"[Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven." (Colossians 1: 15-20)

God has also loved us since the foundation of the World:
 
"4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: " (Ephesians 1: 4)

He planned from the beginning to bring us in as His children:

"5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." (Ephesians1: 5-6)

He loved us First, and in His First and Foremost Love, Jesus, He has brought us into His Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment