Saturday, February 1, 2014

In The Beginning, Love

"16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." (1 John 4: 16)

God is Love.

"1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1)

God is Love, and He has been from the Beginning. In the Beginning, there was love.

John defines love more specifically:

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 4: 10)

This love, that Jesus was sent to die for us, was also there "in the beginning":

"Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." (John 17: 24)

And His Death and Resurrection for us was planned from the Beginning:

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Revelation 13: 8)

Keep in mind that Jesus wants you and me to know that God loves us as much as He loves Jesus:

"23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17: 23)

Peter affirms Jesus' special place:

"Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you," (1 Peter 1: 20)

Paul affirms this powerful truth of who we are in Christ:

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:" (Ephesians 1: 4)

In the Beginning, God created the heaven and the earth, and with His Son He purposed to provide the propitiation for our sins, that we may receive the adoption of sons (Romans 8: 15).

In the Beginning, Love was, and is, and always will be (Hebrews 13: 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment