Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crucified with Him, Yet Alive in Him

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20) 


As long as we insist on living this life in our strength, we will find ourselves frustrating God's grace.

Why is that?

Because we are dead, and our life is hid in Christ today and forever (Colossians 3: 3-4).

He is alive in us right now, and so we need to see that He is taking care of all things.

Not once should we think that there are certain needs or demands in our path, as though He cannot handle them, or worse yet, that we can.

"13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4: 13)

and then

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4: 19)

But also:

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." (1 Peter 5: 5)

And above all:

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

We have died with Christ, and through His resurrection we are alive in Him, through Him, and because of Him. Nothing else.

You were alive in Adam. Now you live in Christ, and Christ is in you, your hope of glory (Colossians 1: 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment