Friday, February 21, 2014

Do Not Frustrate His Grace -- with Your "I"

"20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

One common statement among Christians goes something like this:

"The more that I learn to get out of the way, the more that God is able to do in my life."

Often, I never understood what that statement meant.

The reason why I failed to get what they meant, is that Jesus came to live in me, to give me life.

For so long, I had been taught that I give my life to Christ.

Wrong.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

Jesus wants to give us life, which means that we have to acknowledge that we do not have life in and of ourselves.

Does this offend you? Remember that our status of dead in trespasses began with Adam (Genesis 3: 6-8), yet by believing on, by identifying with the Finished Work of the Second Adam, we can reign in life by His gifts of righteousness and abundance of grace (Romans 5:17).

Yet if we insist on living any kind of life in our own dead "I", we are frustrating His grace in our lives.

Because of ourselves we have no life to begin with. We need Himself, for He is our life (Colossians 3:1-4)

We do not need to get in the way because He is the Way, and the Truth, as well as the Life. Instead of trying harder in our own efforts, see more of His Grace in the Man and the Glory, Jesus Christ!

Let Him be your new "I", and reign in His Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment