Thursday, March 14, 2013

See Jesus as Everything, Not Just "Something"

The truth is that we are called to walk by faith -- not to figure everything out in our lives.

We are called to trust God with everything -- and why shouldn't we?"

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

"And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

"it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven." (Colossians 1: 15-20)

Wow! This same Jesus who made and holds and rule the Universe, also lives in me!:

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1: 27)

Why has this been so difficult for people like me to accept? The slave, work, earn everything mentality punishes so many of us. I had no idea of my identity in Christ, until I learned that He came not just to die for my sins, but he came also to free me from myself, granting me His life!

No wonder I was so frustrated --- no wonder I had lived life so depleted and enraged. This life of grace in Christ is the very thing that makes me what I am, and gives me the strength to do all that I am called to do:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

I love this verse, and now more than ever this verse has become so real and apparently to me. It is God's grace that moves in me, and Jesus lives in me to do all:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4: 13)

This assertion is no fluffy nicety, but a declaration of complete dependence and honor.

The only question left -- will you believe Him or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment