Saturday, March 9, 2013

In Christ, We Can Say "Bring it On!"

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12: 9)

Most people in the Body of Christ are convinced that then where there is trouble, something wrong is happening, or they must do something about it.

Earlier in the same chapter, Paul wrote:

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

"For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me." (2 Corinthians 12: 7-8)

How many of you face trials at home, in your work place, or out and about in the world? Instead of asking God to remove these troublesome elements in your life, just keep receiving God's grace in your life:

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive [lit. keep receiving] abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)

In fact, whenever you face trouble, take that challenge as another opportunity for God's grace to grow in you:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

So, when there's trouble in your life, when you feel the fiery attacks or the empty roars of the enemy, just thank God for more of His grace:

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 10)

In Christ, you can say to every problem in your life:

"Bring it on! His grace is sufficient for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment