Friday, March 22, 2013

Righteousness is From God's Point of View

"So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes." (Job 32: 1)

Job was a good boy, but not a righteous man, because he was trying to earn his righteous standing before God, whereas  Abraham believed in the Lord, and it was accounted to him for righteousness (Genesis 15:6)

Job expressed the frustration of trying to get to God in his own efforts:

"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:" (Job 23: 80

The righteousness do not move around, but are rather established and steady:

"In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. " (Isaiah 54: 14)

and

"He withdraweth not his eyes from the righteous: but with kings are they on the throne; yea, he doth establish them for ever, and they are exalted." (Job 36: 7)

Without realizing it, Job just needed to sit and trust God, yet for many of us, we simple refuse to be simple:

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4: 11)

When Job was reduced to nothing, even wearying his friends with is self-righteousness, God confronted Job, showing Himself far greater than anything that he could ever understand:

"I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

"Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

"Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

"I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee." (Job 42: 2-5)

When Job saw that God saw and knew everything, that therefore Job did not have to "do everything on his own", he rested in God, letting God look on him, and by resting, by believing on God, Job was made righteousness.

We are all made righteous in Christ, and as we behold Him in the Scriptures, we receive the gift of righteousness (Romans 5: 17) and we are transformed from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3: 18).

No comments:

Post a Comment