Wednesday, March 6, 2013

His Grace is Enough -- and Everything!

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

"His grace is enough" -- How many of us have heard this or other terms in our lives?

For many, the grace of God seems like an after-thought, or something that is ubiquitous and ordinary, like wall-paper.

Indeed, it is everywhere, yet also essential, like the very air that we breathe:

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" (Titus 2: 11)

This grace is for our salvation, as Paul wrote to the Ephesians:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

"Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."  (Ephesians 2: 8-10)

Grace saved us from death in our sins to eternal, reigning life in righteousness. If we cannot even be saved but by grace, then without a doubt we can do nothing else without God's grace, either:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

and
"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 32)

His grace is enough -- and for the believer, His grace is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment