Sunday, March 10, 2013

Abide in Christ, Your Mercy and Truth

"He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him." (Psalm 61: 7)

"Mercy" is also "'grace", and "grace and truth" are one whole which we receive in Jesus:

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (John 1: 17)

In this verse, "came" is singular, signifying that "grace and truth" are one -- we cannot have grace without truth, and there is no truth without grace.

Jesus calls us to abide in Him:
"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 4-5)

His grace empower us (1 Corinthians 15: 10), and we prosper as we walk in His Truth (3 John 2-4).

Abide in Him, your mercy and truth, and watch His Life bear fruit in yours!

1 comment:

  1. Love you blog! Please follow mine! God bless!

    - http://www.holyrollerlivin.com/

    ReplyDelete